Friday, October 24, 2014

INSIDE MAID CAFE IN TOKYO! (VIDEO)

Maid cafés (メイド喫茶 / メイドカフェ Meido kissa / Meido kafe) are a subcategory of cosplay restaurants found in Japan. I have a video of me going in with gaijin friends so check that out!


The maid cafe is filled with cosplayed guys........JK
In these cafés, waitresses dressed in maid costumes act as servants, and treat customers as masters (and mistresses) in a private home, rather than as café patrons. The first permanent maid café, was established in Tokyo. Maid cafés were originally designed primarily to cater to the fantasies of male otaku, fans of anime, manga, and video games. Most maid cafés offer menus similar to those of more typical cafés. There are many rituals and additional services offered at many maid cafés. Maids greet customers with "Welcome home, Master (Mistress)" and offer them wipe towels and menus.(Wikipedia) 

In my opinion, I have been there once in the video and that is it because I am not into anime much. I love major ones like Naruto, Gintama, and Dragonball. However, if you like girly cute anime, I can understand why they go crazy about maid cafes. There is a lot in Akihabara which is east Tokyo. The place has very weird atmosphere for people who are not into anime much. 

Check out me going to the Maid Cafe for the first time:

No comments:

Post a Comment